Monday, January 18, 2010

Where the wild things are. NOT IN MY HOUSE!

So where the wind things are is very popular now in many people with my style. BUT I would just like to come clean with something. Being an artist and having a love of drawings, my mother naturally tried to read me Where the Wild Things Are when I was little. I thought it was terrifying, and never wanted to see the scary monsters ever again. Tears flowed. Now that I am older I do like the drawings but I think it's funny how something so loved by children and adults today could be so hated by one little pacifier-addicted girl.
-^..^-
Sofi

3 comments:

  1. The film does look quite wonderful but I cant say the book was ever one of my favourites....I mean I'm not sure if I ever even read it,I was much more of a "mog the cat" or "alfie" or "little women" or "matilda" or "winnie the pooh" or the "millie molly mandy" books.Never was I a girl into the where the wild things are books ^^
    Sofie
    onetoomanywishes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't understand the book as a kid, and one side of me wondered why the monsters didn't just hurry up and eat him...

    I haven't seen the movie yet, but I do like Arcade Fire's song in it.

    Cool blog! Just thought I might stop by and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comment sof!
    and yes we are taking pics this weekend :) so excited and ill have no HW so WUPPIEE!! and yes you can steal the tights i give you permission. AND you aree lucky u dont have midterms but i mean ill live. all this week we have 1/2 days so its all good for now, just studying = annoying.
    anyway, that book scared me as a kid too. The movie was also very physiological which kinda left we feeling queezy. but the drawings are great. cant wait to see the new coat!
    XX

    ReplyDelete

-^..^- Kitty says "Comment please!"